10 March 2012

Nerves

Sweaty palms.

Nausea.

Heartbeat that can be heard from 5 feet away.

Numb and tingly appendages.

A very shaky right leg.

That's what happens to me when I'm super nervous. This nervousness usually comes about because of a solo performance, whether singing or playing the violin. That's not good because I'm a music education major and those opportunities are frequent.

Last Friday (or yesterday. Wow. Time flies) I participated in the weekly student recital on campus. I sang "The Vagabond" from Songs of Travel by Ralph Vaughan Williams. Before the performance, I thought I was either going to faint or puke. I didn't do either. And I did alright.

Random photo from the mission:

Once a transfer, zones throughout the mission would get together and do fun activities. This particular zone activity was a "National Treasure" photo scavenger hunt on the National Mall. We were the orange team. We came in third. It was about 100 degrees that day with 95% humidity. LtoR Sister Kristy C, Elders me, Tanner R, and Andrew P.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Eric,

    Randomly selecting a couple of your old entries to read, I found this one and thought I should tell you that you indeed rocked that song. :)

    Love,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete