30 June 2009

JEREMIAH 16:16

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.


On Monday the twenty-ninth, mom, dad, Tandy, Tandy's mom Pam, Lexi, Braeden, Ella, Gail, Caroline, Jonathan, grandma Liebhardt, and myself journeyed to Navajo lake for family home evening. The theme: Jeremiah 16:16. The activity: fishing! The little kids (sans Ella and Jonathan) and grandpa, aka dad, all participated. I'm not one for fishing. So I built a rock castle because sand was in short supply. Rather, in no supply.
The weather was a little brisk but beautiful! After dinner of fresh strawberries, avocados, pasta salad, and roll sandwiches, we had a nice lesson about missionary work and the gathering of Israel. Almost everyone participated- grandma Liebhardt was chilly so she was in Gail's Blazer along with Gail and Jonathan. And Ella was playing in the van with Pam.
Tandy, Braeden, Lexi, Caroline, dad, mom, and I faced the chilly weather to roast s'mores over some briquettes in the fire pit.

Here are some photos. I hope I'm not being redundant because mom posted some of these on her blog...


Cutie to the max! Ella picking dandelions.



Grandpa/dad getting the kids' fishing poles ready. Notice me in the back working on my rock castle.



Braeden fishing on a rock.



Ella, Tandy, and Pam on the shore.



Gail and Jonathan on his first outing to the mountain. I think. He could have gone some other time...



An aerial view of my rock castle. It was pretty awesome.



Another photo of my castle as the clock strikes twilight.



Brrr! Caroline and Gail bundle up to keep warm when the sun went behind the mountain.



Roasting mallows.

I can't help but chuckle to myself when I look at the picture above for several reasons: Tandy appears to have a hanger/marshmallow sticking in her eye, I'm not toasting anything and... ok, so maybe that's all.
Before this picture was taken I was standing up and mom was doing a very good job taking pictures randomly and without warning, and she caught me making a very weird face. Twice. I guess I make that face often? Below are my faces from the previous two pictures.





Ella was having lots of fun knocking on the window.



No, that's not mallow on Lexi's nose. It's paint. That is, however, mallow around her mouth.



Aahh, Navajo Lake. So peaceful and serene! Next time: frog catching!


☮ ♡ ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment