19 July 2009

SUMMER STUFF ctd.

Tuesday, July thirteenth:
Tandy really wanted me to go to the Greenshow with her and the kids. And one of Lexi's friends, Caleb. To describe Caleb: hyper, crazy, attention seeker. I think that sums him up pretty well.


The kids and I.



Gypsy night at the Greenshow! This sure is a great shot of Marisa!



Ella likes to wear sunglasses. Upside-down.



The kids were the true entertainment for those around us. They had a massive grass fight and involved Tandy at the end. Lovely.



Crazy kids. It's all downhill from here!



Seriously downhill.



Hunchback? Ok. I think that's what I was going for.

The kids and I ran around for a while, screaming, play a pirate kidnapping game, and tag. We eventually got kicked off the lawn before the play performance because we were being too loud.


Playing the Pirate kidnap game. I'm "kidnapping" Braeden and being attacked by crazy Caleb.


Not-so-Synchronized somersaults.



Kids can be brutal.

After getting kicked off the grass, we picked up Nick from the Sigma Chi house, went to Wendy's and then ate at the park and played! There's too many pics. Here's my favorite.

She's smiling. Really big. When Ella swings, she sometimes holds her breath and forgets to breathe, but if you make airplane sounds, she respires.

Goodbyes!
Gramma has been a resident of Cedar for over 40 years and she has never been to Hermie's Drive-in. So Friday night, Tandy took me and gramma, and the kids to Hermie's. So good and greasy! Just the way my arteries like it.
After dinner, we went to gramma's house for a little while. Gramma was sitting on the couch showing a bunch of photos of grandpa (who died this past December) to Braeden and it was so darn cute and I got all teary eyed. He was genuinely interested and was hanging on to every word gramma was telling him. So cute.


Braeden sitting next to gramma while looking at photos. Lexi is looking at an album, too.


And then it was time to say goodbyes! Tandy left the next day and I was off to a dance. Ella was so sweet. She didn't want to let go. I'm gonna miss her! And Lexi. And Braeden. And Tandy. I'll miss them all!


Aww. So tender. But she would not let go. Seriously.



Braeden gives such great bear hugs!



Lexi! She's getting so tall.

I bet you're now thinking: Wow. His whole summer has consisted of playing with nieces and nephews.
That's not [entirely] true.

I had a pool party with my buddy, Michael! He leaves on his mission... Wednesday. He will be serving in the Paraguay Asuncion Mission.


Jumping into the pool!

He gave a really great talk today at his "farewell" and I know that he will be a great missionary and serve those in Paraguay well! God speed, brother!


I also went on a lovely date with a lovely girl. We had a wonderfully delicious picnic while we sat on a wonderfully red cliff and enjoyed the wonderfully beautiful views of St. George. Then We went to Footloose at Tuacahn.
Her name is Krista.


We had a fantastic time!

That's my summer in a nutshell. Well, all the eventful, fun, blog-worthy things.
☮ ♡ ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment