02 December 2011

Merry Christmas Season!

Good ol' Cedar City has some great Christmas traditions like the Storybook Cavalcade Parade (which I'm going to be in tomorrow), Santa's Holiday Celebration, The Creche Festival, Handel's Messiah, and even fireworks!

One thing I really don't get are the lights that adorn the two downtown blocks.

I get the snowflakes. But bananas? We don't even live in a climate
that can grow bananas yet we string them downtown.

This is the old Post Office turned City offices. It has Santa and his sleigh
on the top of the facade. Makes more sense than bananas.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season and that your hearts will be filled with the light of Christ.

PS I know that those "bananas" aren't bananas. They're swags, or even festoons. But don't they look like bananas?

☮ ♡ ☺

5 comments:

  1. Haha Bananas was exactly what I thought of when i saw them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, we have no bananas!
    We have NO bananas today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the bananas are just a symbol; A metaphor for how bananas the snow is making us all.

    ReplyDelete