23 October 2012

#9 a,b,c,d

Do you remember the list of 23 thing I want to do before I turn 23?
If you don't, that's ok. You can read it here.

Last week, SUU had fall break. Momma Linda, dad, and I took advantage of the long weekend and headed off on a great American road trip to help me accomplish some things on my list, primarily visiting National Parks. On this trip we also visited State Parks and National Monuments, but I you can read further details in the post called The Great American Road Trip

Rather than bore you with details in two different posts, here are some pictures of just the parks.

We hiked to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park in the dark before sunrise to watch the sun light up the park. It was beautiful.
Momma Linda in front of Double Arch.
Me by the sign at the visitors' center.
At Island in the Sky district in Canyonlands. This place is seriously massive!
The dome formation in this photo is the namesake for the national park. Early settlers thought it resembled the US Capitol building dome.
Now I just have to go to Zion!

No comments:

Post a Comment